<$BlogRSDURL$>

Put It In Your Pantry with Your Cupcakes

Friday, September 03, 2004

Victor Navasky-Reading The Constitution: "As luck would have it, I got to read Article I, Section 7, which included more subordinate clauses than I could count, and dealt with, among other things, the President's veto power. It interested me, however, that the word 'veto' was never used. Instead the clause said that before a bill shall take effect it 'shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and the House of Representatives...' I now want to look into the legislative history of this upbeat formulation. "
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Subscribe with Bloglines