<$BlogRSDURL$>

Put It In Your Pantry with Your Cupcakes

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Santana on Hendrix:

"'To me, Jimi Hendrix is like John Coltrane or Bob Marley or Miles Davis,' he says. 'He belongs to a group, the Beethovens, the Stravinskys, the Picassos, people who transcend trends or fashions or anything like that - they are all like Da Vincis to me.' His voice has a strong Mexican accent, even though he moved from Tijuana to San Francisco in 1961, when he was 14. 'I'm very honoured that I met Jimi Hendrix, and also that I got to play with Tony Williams, who was the Jimi Hendrix of the drums. I very seldom play Hendrix's music, because I respect him a lot, but in this case I couldn't say no, because I've known the Hendrix family for a long time. So I said yes and I'm very happy.'"
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Subscribe with Bloglines